Each week you will need to post a reflective blog entry in which the class material is discussed. The blog entry is not a book report or summary- it is to be a reflection on the material. This can include questions, challenges, observations (either supportive or contrary), emotional reactions, or whatever else will reveal your active engagement with the course material. A log of your blog posts (just dates are fine) are due at the end of the semester.
Your blog entries will be graded on the following:
1. Basic comprehension (Do you understand the material or its purpose?);
2. Deep comprehension (Do you understand the significance of the concept in its historical context?);
3. Insight (Have you made connections between the psychological concepts and your own life or with something else, like movies, news, or literature?);
4. Curiosity (Do you raise puzzles or questions about the material?);
5. Critical thinking (Have you raised interesting challenges?);
6. Truth-seeking (Have you shown an effort to respond to the challenges you raised, and then tried to reach a balanced judgment that takes all relevant issues into account?).